What are preserved flowers?
Preserved flowers are 100% natural flowers! They are preserved from real, high-quality floral using state-of-the-art-technology. The latter allows the flowers to maintain its natural beauty, suppleness, shape and texture.
How are they preserved?
They are firstly selected and cut when they are at their most beautiful (peak of their bloom). The flowers are then put into a mixture of glycerin and other plant elements. This process rehydrates the flower from its petals to its stems and replaces the sap within it. After a few days, the process is complete and each flower is examined to remove damage petals and leaves.
How long do they last?
A general shelf life of 6 - 12 months (sometimes up to years). It’s appearance depends on its environmental conditions. Where the higher humidity of the environment, the shorter the lifespan.
Preserved flowers care tips:
Preserved flowers require NO maintenance! Yes, you are hearing us right! Below are some tips to note:
- Keep the flowers indoor, in a cool dry place to avoid exposing them to environments that accelerate their degradation
- Avoid any contact with water
- Avoid crushing, pressing or folding the petals as the flowers may break just as it would happen with the petals of a real flower.
Benefits of preserved flowers over fresh flowers:
- Prolonged shelf life - Depending on storage and environmental conditions, preserved flowers can last 6 - 12 months whereas fresh flowers typically last 1 week or less.
- Reduced waste and costs - Longer shelf life means less frequent replacement and lesser throwing away of wilted flowers! Let’s do our part in giving back to nature!
- No allergies - The flowers are preserved through an 100% eco-certified technology using non-toxic, cosmetic grade chemicals. Thus unlike fresh flowers, there are no allergies to preserved flowers.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh